Two Firefighters Treated For Smoke Inhalation In Fire Near Rising City
RISING CITY- Two Firefighters were sent to the Hospital Saturday during a fire near Rising City.
A fire south of Rising City started Saturday when a front-end loader bucket sparked on a concrete pad next to a hay facility. The fire spread to calving sheds rapidly. Two firefighters were sent to hospital for smoke inhalation and a few firefighters were treated for eye irritation. The fire was believed to be extinguished around 2:00 a.m. Sunday but flared up late Sunday morning due to wind changes. 100 calves were lost.
There was damage to the hay facility and several calving sheds.