MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – Jerry Messer, a dairy farmer from Richardton, N.D., will continue to lead Midwest Dairy Association in the coming year. Messer was re-elected chairman of the checkoff organization during the group’s annual meeting in Minneapolis on March 8-9. Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D., and Bill Siebenborn, Trenton, Mo., were re-elected vice chairman and first vice chairman, respectively. Ken Herbranson of Clitherall, Minn., secretary, and Dan Grunhovd of Gary, Minn., treasurer, were also re-elected.
New members elected by their Divisions to the Midwest Dairy Corporate board include:
- Debi Clasemann, Long Prairie, Minn.; and
- Robert Horst, Bristow, Iowa.
Division Board officers and new members are as follows:
- Chairman – Bill Deutsch, Sycamore;
- Vice Chairman – David Jarden, Staunton;
- Secretary – Ardath DeWall, Shannon; and
- Treasurer – Glen Meier, Ridott.
- Chairman – Dan Hotvedt, Mabel, Minn.;
- Vice Chairman – Bruce Brockshus, Ocheyedan;
- Secretary – Pam Bolin, Clarksville; and
- Treasurer – Larry Shover, Delhi.
Keith Blake, Eldridge; Doug Carroll, Ryan; and Robert Horst, Bristow, were seated as new members of the Iowa Division Board.
- Chairman – Byron Lehman, Newton, Kan.;
- Vice Chairman – Steve Strickler, Iola, Kan.;
- Secretary – Donna Telle, Uniontown, Mo.; and
- Treasurer – Curtis Steenbock, Longford, Kan.
Alex Peterson, Trenton, was seated as a new member of the Mo-Kan Division board.
- Chairman – Ken Herbranson, Clitherall;
- Vice Chairman – Dan Grunhovd, Gary;
- Secretary – Suzanne Vold, Glenwood; and
- Treasurer – Ron Rinkel, Hillman.
The Minnesota Dairy Promotion Council, a quasi-governmental group with the same board members, elected the following:
- Chairman – Kathleen Skiba, North Branch;
- Vice Chairman – Barb Liebenstein, Dundas;
- Secretary – Debi Clasemann, Long Prairie;
- Treasurer – Christine Sukalski, LeRoy; and
- Executive member at-large – Peter Ripka, Ogilvie.
- Chairman – Lowell Mueller, Hooper;
- Vice Chairman – Joyce Racicky, Mason City; and
- Secretary/Treasurer – Dean Engelman, Jansen.
Mike Guenther, Beemer, was seated as a new member of the Nebraska Division board. Kim Clark, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, was appointed as a new ex-officio member.
North Dakota Division
- Chairman – Jerry Messer, Richardton;
- Vice Chairman – Terry Entzminger, Jamestown;
- Secretary – Rita Mosset, Linton; and
- Treasurer – Lilah Krebs, Gladstone.
- Chairman – Nathan Roth, Mountain Grove, Mo.;
- Vice Chairman – Marilyn Calvin, Mt. Vernon, Mo.;
- Secretary – Lloyd Gunter, Conway, Mo.; and
- Treasurer – Alfred Million, Tahlequah, Okla.
South Dakota Division
- Chairman – Jim Neugebauer, Dimock;
- Vice Chairman – Mike Frey, Claremont;
- Secretary – Allen Merrill, Parker; and
- Treasurer – Gary Jarding, Alexandria.
Annalies Seffrood, Summit, was seated as a new member of the South Dakota Division board in November.