ST. LOUIS (Dec. 21, 2015) – DEKALB® farmers captured a total of 161 awards across all six categories, including 8 of the 18 national awards, in the 2015 National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) National Corn Yield Contest. They swept the national A No-Till/Strip-Till Non-Irrigated Category with first, second and third place wins. At the state level, they achieved 153 awards, including 60 first place, 57 second place and 36 third place wins.
Exclusive, high-performing genetics, industry-leading biotechnology traits and effective management practices helped DEKALB farmers earn these prestigious awards.
“It’s exciting to see farmers achieve these high yields with DEKALB corn products, and we congratulate them for their skill and success,” said Dipal Chaudhari, Asgrow DEKALB Brand Manager. “Their strong performance is all the more impressive considering the challenging growing conditions experienced in many regions of the country this season.”
National DEKALB winners:
- First place:
- Michelle Dowdy, Valdosta, Ga., 348.9 bu/a, DKC62-08 Brand, A Non-Irrigated
- Jill Justice, Beckley, W. Va., 368.7 bu/a, DKC62-08 Brand, A No-Till/Strip-Till Non-Irrigated
- Second place:
- Bridget Dowdy, Valdosta, Ga., 477.0 bu/a, DKC62-08 Brand, Irrigated
- Craig Hula, Charles City, Va., 485.3 bu/a, DKC64-89RIB Brand Blend, No-Till/Strip-Till Irrigated
- Jay Justice, Beckley, W. Va., 360.3 bu/a, DKC62-08 Brand, A No-Till/Strip-Till Non-Irrigated
- Kevin Kalb, Dubois, Ind., 331.4 bu/a, DKC65-71RIB Brand Blend, AA Non-Irrigated
- Sam Santini, Stewartsville, N.J., 332.1 bu/a, DKC64-87RIB Brand Blend, A Non-Irrigated
- Third place:
- Matt Kludt, Kendall, N.Y., 322.9 bu/a, DKC52-84RIB Brand Blend, A No-Till/Strip-Till Non-Irrigated
DEKALB NCGA yield contest winners will be honored at the 2016 Commodity Classic March 3-5 in New Orleans with an awards banquet and private concert featuring country star Easton Corbin.
“These farmers truly demonstrate a passion for agricultural innovation,” said Chaudhari. “They continue to push the yield boundaries by leveraging the latest DEKALB products with advanced agronomic characteristics. We thank them for selecting DEKALB and look forward to celebrating their accomplishments at Commodity Classic.”
DEKALB products are developed through an industry-leading, global breeding program. Top seed genetic and trait packages deliver advanced products with consistent, high-yield potential. Farmers who plant DEKALB benefit from strong emergence, stand, plant health and harvestability that support consistent, proven performance.
To find yield-optimizing corn products for your farm, work with your local Asgrow DEKALB certified dealer or visit www.AsgrowDEKALB.com/seedguide. The full list of DEKALB winners in the 2015 NCGA yield contest can be found at www.DEKALB.com/yieldcontest.