The Nebraska Cattlemen staff is hitting the road this summer for an educational road trip. These educational meeting are exclusive to Nebraska Cattlemen paid members. NC staff will be discussing various hot button industry issues at each of the seven stops across Nebraska July 21-24.
Join NC for a discussion about how you can be engaged in tax discussions and impact change at the local level, hear a review of changes made during the 2014 legislature, and understand what we see coming in 2015 and beyond.
EPA has proposed a new regulation that will require small and medium livestock operations to get burdensome permits and could end up regulating every day practices, like weed management and fertilizer application in pastures and fields. Join NC to find out how this regulation will impact you and what you can do to tell EPA to "Ditch The Rule!"
With small changes in how brand inspection is handled in counties that border the inspection areas NC will be taking this opportunity to provide members with a refresher course on requirements both in and out of the inspection area.
The last few months have raised awareness of Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) again. Upon a directive from the board of directors NC will be discussing FMD.
Road trip stops will include:
Monday, July 21
- 1:00pm MDT: Alliance - Westside Event Center
- 7:30pm CDT: North Platte - Holiday Inn Express Conference Center
Tuesday, July 22
- 1:00pm CDT: Cambridge - Cambridge Community Building
- 7:30pm CDT: Fairbury - Jefferson Co. Fairgrounds, 4-H Building
Wednesday, July 23
- 1:00pm CDT: Wahoo - Saunders Co. Fairgrounds, Commercial Building
- 7:30pm CDT: Norfolk - Agriculture Allied Health Building, Northeast Community College Main Campus
Thursday, July 24
- 1:00pm CDT: Bloomfield - Bloomfield Community Center
For more information about the meeting schedule please contact Bonita Lederer at 402.329.6273.