The Nebraska CattleWomen Consumer Promotion and Education Committee hosted the 2014 Nebraska Beef Ambassador Contest on June 11, 2014 during the Nebraska Cattlemen Midyear Meeting in Gothenburg.
The Nebraska Beef Ambassador Program provides an opportunity for youth to become spokespersons and future leaders for the beef industry. Each division consisted of different events which were evaluated by a panel of judges. The intermediate and senior competition consisted of a mock consumer promotion event, a media interview and an issues response task. Junior contestants delivered a short factual presentation on the importance of the beef industry.
Winners of the contest included:
- 1st Place –Fletcher Larsen, Valentine
- 2nd Place - Cailey Grabenstein, Smithfield
- 1st Place -Cooper Grabenstein, Smithfield
- 2nd Place -Alexis Gerritse, Plymouth
- 1st Place -Laura Gorecki, Farwell
- 2nd Place -Emilye Vales, DeWitt
- 3rd Place Tie -Savannah Schafer, Nehawka
- 3rd Place Tie -Emilee Elwood, Gordon
Winners of the intermediate and senior divisions are eligible to participate in the National Beef Ambassador Contest.
For more information about the Beef Ambassador contest contact the NC office at 402.475.2333.