Fire heavily damages John Deere dealership in Beatrice

BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) – Investigators say an electrical glitch in the cab of a combine sparked a fire overnight Tuesday, that heavily damaged the machine shop of a John Deere dealership in Beatrice.

Firefighters were first called to Landmark Implement around 9 p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters battled the flames until after midnight.

One firefighter was taken to a Beatrice hospital for treatment of heat exhaustion.

No one else was injured.

Officials did not have an estimate Wednesday of the damage, but expect it to be significant.