Part-Time Board Operator
Alpha Media – Columbus is seeking a talented, professional part-time Board Operator to run programming on [KZEN, KLIR, KKOT, KJSK]. The ideal candidate must be able to work flexible hours and be available for additional shifts when necessary.
At Alpha Media, we have a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, bolder, and work as a high functioning, best of class team at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates 228 radio stations within 49 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local, and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
• Operate on-air console and audio controls.
• Monitor station transmitters.
• Receive and screen incoming calls during broadcast.
• Run talk shows, play music and commercials.
• Produce and edit audio programming segments.
• Accurately log discrepancies.
• Maintain studio equipment and logs.
• Write and post information to station websites and social media platforms.
• Report sports updates and/or news updates live on-air.
• Understand the procedures to follow in case of computer crash or loss of broadcast signal.
• Communicate with station Program Director in the event of any concerns, issues, or problems with the broadcast.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager or Market Manager.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of EAS system and legal requirements.
• Experience in digital editing software such as Adobe Audition.
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle strict deadlines.
• Proficient in running radio automation systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems and fix them quickly.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
• Previous experience in commercial or non-commercial broadcast media.
• Experience operating automation systems.
• Experience running radio automation systems, such as Wide Orbit.
We’d love to hear a sample of your work! If you would like to send a demo, include the link to your website in your cover letter. If you do not have a website, upload your demo in YouTube and provide the link.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Apply online at http://www.alphamediausa.com/careers/
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers, and you would like to receive job vacancy notices, please provide us with the name, mailing address, e-mail address (if applicable), telephone number, fax number, and contact person and identify the category or categories of vacancies for which you would like information specified above to:
1418 25th Street
Columbus, NE 68601
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions. For our complete EEO, please feel free to click the link at the bottom of the page.